- Costs: $50 per dog and $35 per cat
- Limit of two pets per registration event toward a limit of two dogs and six cats per year
- Bring current Medicaid card (pet owner's card) or a copy of last year's tax return showing household income of $25,000/year or less
- Before July 1, make an appointment for your pet(s) with one of the participating veterinarians* between July 5 and September 6
- Bring valid ID showing Wilkes County residence
*Participating Veterinarians: Animal Ark-Elkin and Wilkes Veterinary Hospital will accept vouchers from current and new clients; please be sure to tell them you plan to use a SNAP voucher when you make your appointment. Riverview Veterinary Hospital will accept vouchers as a coupon from their current clients only; please call them for details. Animal Hospital of Wilkes will not accept SNAP vouchers.
Vouchers are valid for 45 business days, so if you cannot get an appointment before September 6, please wait until the next registration event, which will be on August 5.
GPS Directions: 206 S. Bridge Street, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
You can read more about SNAP on the Spay/Neuter page.
SNAP registrations will be held on the first Friday of each month, 11 AM - 1 PM.
HSOW Foster Pet Adoption Fair
National Adoption Week, July 11 - 17
PetSmart, Wilkesboro, NC
See our available foster pets under the Adopt tab.