- Costs: $50 per dog and $35 per cat
- Limit of two pets per registration event toward a limit of two dogs and six cats per year
- Bring pet owner's current Medicaid card or a copy of last year's tax return showing household income of $25,000/year or less
- Bring valid ID showing Wilkes County residence
- For Wilkes Veterinary Hospital clients, bring the form from the wellness exam with your surgery appointment
*Participating Veterinarians: Animal Ark-Elkin and Wilkes Veterinary Hospital will accept vouchers from current and new clients; please be sure to tell them you plan to use a SNAP voucher when you make your appointment. Animal Ark would prefer clients make their appointment after getting their voucher. Wilkes Veterinary Hospital requires a pre-surgery wellness visit for new clients ($45), during which you can make the spay/neuter appointment. Bring the form from the wellness visit when you come to get a voucher. Riverview Veterinary Hospital will accept vouchers as a coupon from their current clients only; please call them for details. Animal Hospital of Wilkes does not accept SNAP vouchers.
Vouchers are valid for 45 business days.
GPS Directions: 206 S. Bridge Street, Wilkesboro, NC 28697
You can read more about SNAP on the Spay/Neuter page.
SNAP registrations will be held on the first Friday of each month, 11 AM - 12:30 PM.
Next HSOW Adoption Fair: Oct. 8, 10 AM - 2 PM
We will be at Wilkesboro PetSmart with our foster dogs, puppies, cats and kittens on Saturday, Oct. 8.
See our foster pets available for adoption on Petfinder.com or on our website under the Adopt tab.
Brushy Mountain Apple Festival: Due to the risk of damage to our merchandise, we will not be at the Apple Festival this year.
Friday, October 14, Wilkesboro Civic Center, 6 - 8:30 PM
$20 for your first card, good for the whole night!
$5 for additional cards and special games for big prizes
Plus a silent auction!
Proceeds to benefit the HSOW New Shelter Fund